Founded in 1969, NIRI is the professional association of corporate officers and investor relations consultants responsible for communication among corporate management, shareholders, securities analysts and other financial community constituents. The largest professional investor relations association in the world, NIRI’s more than 3,300 members represent over 1,600 publicly held companies and $9 trillion in stock market capitalization.
Members - Please be sure to click on your name to view more services after login is completed. If membership is about to expire, click on the red text to process your renewal.
Not a Member? Your Membership in NIRI entitles you to a wide range of services.
Online Membership Join
Add corporate governance headlines to your news reader:
Or, paste the URL in the box below into your preferred RSS reader.
The growing involvement of investor relations in corporate governance matters is a trend, which received a significant boost by the passage of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act in 2010. Upshots from Dodd-Frank include shareholders seeking more direct board access and a greater influence on governance matters. Boards will rely more on IR for insight into their shareholders. Those IR professionals not currently involved must become part of their corporate governance process. IR practitioners not currently doing so should seek to begin direct, regular reporting to boards of directors.
To assist members with their growing governance needs, NIRI developed this Governance Resource page consisting of:
1. Select resources concerning corporate governance, proxy voting, and IR/board communications. Please also visit NIRI's Presentation and Report Library to access links to NIRI reports, webinars, and third-party materials on annual meetings and annual reports, corporate governance, shareholder activism, preparing for proxy season, and proxy advisors.
2. NIRI's Sample Document Library, which includes sample governance guidelines, a Compensation Disclosure & Analysis template, and other materials to help you prepare for your annual meeting.
3. A revised CD&A Template that was prepared by the CFA Institute and a working group of investors and issuer representatives that included NIRI.
4. The NIRI Corporate Governance eGroup for members to interact around governance issues. NIRI members may join this eGroup to participate in governance-related discussions, share resources and network with other NIRI member colleagues.
Select Corporate Governance Resources
NIRI Webinar, "2015 Proxy Season: Get Prepared," March 2015 (replay).
NIRI Commentary, "Shareholder Engagement Should Be a Two-Way Street," CFO Magazine (April 2014).
"Engaging With Proxy Advisors," IR Update, January 2014.
NIRI, Board-Shareholder Engagement -- 2013 Survey Results, October 2013.
"A Review of the 2013 U.S. Proxy Season," IR Update, September 2013.
NIRI Presentation and Report Library (includes reports on proxy season developments and other resources)
Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act
SEC Dodd-Frank Resource Center
* For additional NIRI resources, type "corporate governance" into the Search box in the upper right-hand corner of this page.
© 2015 National Investor Relations Institute. All Rights Reserved. 225 Reinekers Lane, Suite 560, Alexandria, VA 22314, Phone: 703.562.7700, Fax: 703.562.7701