The NIRI Fellows Recognition Program is an honorary recognition program distinguishing those living NIRI members who epitomize the leadership, integrity, involvement, and contributions of investor relations professionals. These individuals have made significant contributions to the betterment of the profession and NIRI throughout their careers. Those selected as a “NIRI Fellow” are recognized as highly engaged individuals for their contributions to the profession and are called to continued service as content leaders, selection committee participants, authors, and thought leaders in the Institute and field of investor relations.
- Recognize IR leaders
- Highlight the best in IR to those both inside and outside the IR profession
- Ensure that IR thought leaders have a continuing role in the profession
- Provide a platform for these individuals to continue to serve NIRI
ELIGIBILITY FOR FELLOWS DESIGNATION NOMINATION, EVALUATION CRITERIA
- Membership in NIRI for a minimum of ten years; open to all member types including corporate, counselor, service provider, academic, and retired
- Nominations will be evaluated based upon:
- Individual and organizational performance as an IR professional
- Involvement within the IR community
- Leadership in the IR community and among peers
- Integrity/ethics/respect for others and the profession
- Innovation/advancement of/within the profession
A call for Fellows Program nominations is announced to the general NIRI membership each winter; nominations may come from individual members, chapters, staff, the NIRI Board of Directors, or the Fellows Selection Committee. Members may also self-nominate. Nominations are due by December 31. Click here (PDF) for a Fellows Nomination Form.
2016 Fellows Selection Committee
- The Fellows Selection Committee Chair is the immediate past National Board Chair. The Vice Chair is the Institute’s President/CEO.
- The remaining 6-8 Selection Committee members are appointed by the Fellows Selection Committee Chair from former and current National Board members and NIRI Fellows. The Committee members will serve two-year, staggered terms.
- Chair: Mark Donohue, Impax Laboratories
- Vice Chair: Jim Cudahy, NIRI
- David Erickson, Edwards Lifesciences
- Barbara Gasper, Mastercard
- Valerie Haertel, BNY Mellon
- Keith Mabee, Falls Communications
- Carol Murray-Negron, Equanimity Inc.
- Doug Wilburne, Textron
- Maureen Wolff, Sharon Merrill Assoc.
- Selection Committee will approve no more than (5) five Fellows annually except for the initial year of the Fellows Program where a larger group of inaugural Fellows may be approved.
- The NIRI Board must approve all Fellows candidates proposed by the Fellows Selection Committee
- Selection Committee selects class of new NIRI Fellows based upon criteria outlined in the Fellows Nomination form. Click here (PDF) for a Fellows Nomination Form.
- New NIRI Fellows are recognized at the NIRI Annual Conference.